Come cruising on the Hawkesbury mail boat and enjoy the magnificent scenery of the lower Hawkesbury River for approximately 3 hours.
- Morning tea is served on departure.
- A historic commentary throughout.
- A delicious ploughman’s lunch. Gluten free/vegetarian options are available.
- Cruise is fully licensed. Wine, beer or soft drinks can be purchased with lunch.
Where: Riverboat Postman’s office located next to the Hawkesbury River train station on Dangar Road Brooklyn. The station has a lift to street level.
Cruise departs the wharf at 10.00 am.
- Catch the train from Concord West platform 3 at 8.50 am to Epping station arriving at 9.05 am. Change to platform 2 for departure at 9.10 am (note only 5 minutes to change platforms. If in doubt catch an earlier train to Epping station).
Arrive at Hawkesbury River station at 9.48 am, walk the short distance to the wharf for 10.00 am departure.
2. Drive to Brooklyn (approximately 1hour from Sydney) via the M1. Take the Mooney Mooney/Brooklyn exit from the freeway. Parking is available near the train station and the wharf.
When/Time: Thursday 13 October 2022 departing at 10:00 am.
Numbers: 30 maximum.
Cost: Seniors $49 per person. Travel expenses and drinks are at own expense.
Closing date for the booking: 3 October 2022.
Click here for further information regarding the Riverboat Postman’s Cruise.
Note: It is important to advise the convener in the online booking form in the message field the following:
- If you require the gluten free/vegetarian lunch option.
- Please advise if you are driving to Brooklyn.
- Please advise if you are catching an earlier train or leaving from an alternate station.
Payment: Please pay the Treasurer. Click here to review the Outings Policy which includes how to make payment. It is important to include your SURNAME/POST in the reference field when making payment. Once payment is made, please use the online booking form to advise Victoria Mitchell (convenor) of your attendance.