Interest Group Policy
This policy applies to all Interest Group activities of the Probus Club of Cabarita and Breakfast Point Inc.
Interest Group activities are available for the enjoyment of all members. Persons participating do so on the understanding that they:
- accept personal responsibility for all aspects of their involvement in each Group activity
- conduct themselves in a friendly and sociable manner, giving appropriate respect and consideration to other Group members
- follow the reasonable directions of the Interest Group Convener
- provide their own equipment and materials appropriate for the specific activity
- are fully responsible for the state of their health and will do all that is necessary so as not to place other participants under stress or duress or to put them in danger because of the state of their health or behaviour
are, to the best of their knowledge, fit enough to undertake the activity and agree to advise the leader immediately should their state of health change
- declare that they will only participate in activities where they are physically capable.
Visitors may be invited to participate in Interest Group activities by members. Visitors will be made welcome provided they adhere to the points of understanding listed above, and on the basis of the following:
- prior approval for any visitor attendance should be obtained from the appropriate Group Convener
- participation by any visitor will be limited to a maximum of 3 occasions during any one Club year.
Where possible a record of members and visitors attending an approved Interest Group will be maintained and any incidents/accidents/injuries recorded.
In the case of any accident, illness or emergency the Probus Club of Cabarita and Breakfast point Inc. will attempt to contact the person nominated by the participant.
Probus Comprehensive Insurance covers members. The Club annually purchases insurance for up to 10 visitors at any one time attending or participating in a recognised Probus activity (age restrictions may apply. This decision is reviewed annually at the time Capitation fees are paid to Probus South Pacific Inc.