COVID-19 Incident Response Plan
The purpose of this plan is to identify how to manage a confirmed COVID-19 incident occurring after an approved Probus activity.
This plan applies to all approved Probus activities – member and management committee meetings, interest group meetings, meet and greet, outings and travel.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Members who are unwell will not attend a Probus event.
- Additionally members will not attend any Probus event until they have been given the all clear if they have returned from overseas, or returned from a suburb/ postcode designated as a restricted area in any State or Territory of Australia, or been in contact with someone who has COVID-19
- If a member becomes unwell after attending an event they will arrange to be tested.
- If that member tests positive they must inform the Convener/President or Secretary.
- When a negative test result is received from the Health Authority, members will forward this text to the Secretary
- Any Probus activity convener, who becomes aware that a member has tested positive to COVID-19, after an event will notify the Club President, and/or Vice President / Secretary immediately.
- The Convener is required to maintain a contact list of all members within the group (including the name, address, phone number and email address of each member) and will provide this and an attendance list for each meeting. This is to enable contact tracing as well as advising all members of an incident. Attendance records must be kept for 13mnths as per the Interest Group policy.
On notification of a COVID-19 incident, the Secretary will as soon as practicable:
- Notify the Club President and Vice president
- Obtain the contact list of members attending the activity from the convener.
The Club President on becoming aware of a COVID-19 incident will as soon as practicable:
- Notify the Club Vice President and Secretary
- Notify the venue owner
- Notify Probus South Pacific Limited Ph: 1300 630 488.
- Convene the Incident Management Team.
- Incident Management Team
The Incident Management Team comprises the Club President, Vice President and Secretary.
The Incident Management Team will:
- Immediately notify all attendees by phone of the incident. If uncontactable by phone, leave a voicemail message or notify by email if an email address is available.
- As soon as practicable, notify all attendees of the results of any COVID-19 test of the affected member.
- Provide regular status updates to Probus South Pacific Limited.
- Refer requests from the media to Probus South Pacific Limited.
- Reassess any further events
Adapted from PSPL COVID-19 Incident Response Plan
Developed 25/06/2020 • Updated 17/07/2020