1. The Club shall be managed by a set of Standing Resolutions approved and adopted by members.
2. The Club shall be managed by a Management Committee (herein called the “Committee”), comprising a President, Senior Vice-President, who shall be the President Elect, Junior Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and five (5) Committee members to be responsible for Outings, Interest Groups, Membership, Guest Speakers and Welfare and such other activities as may be decided from time to time by the Club.
3. The immediate Past President shall be a member, ex officio, of the Committee with full voting rights.
4. The Committee is authorised to appoint an assistant Secretary and assistant Treasurer. Such assistants are not sitting members of the Committee and are not entitled to vote. However, if the assistant is acting for the officer in his/her absence then the assistant would have one vote representing the officer.
5. The Treasurer, assistant Treasurer and one other delegated officer of the Committee appointed by the Committee are authorized to deposit all funds of the Club to the credit of the Club’s bank account including the use of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and Bpay banking systems and internet banking for club accounts. Signatories for the account shall be the President, Senior Vice-president, Secretary and Treasurer with any two to operate the account.
6. The Club shall meet monthly at 10.00 am on the first Friday of each month at the Community Hall, Breakfast Point.
7. The Club may meet at another time, on another day, or at another venue by decision of the members.
8. The maximum membership of the club will be reviewed periodically at a general meeting.
9. The Committee shall endeavour to maintain a gender balance of not more than 60% of any one gender.
10. The Club shall adopt a protocol to manage and maintain a waiting list.
(1) An expression of interest to join the club will be recorded by date and gender as the waiting list.
(2) No membership application form will be offered to a person on the waiting list until such time as there is a vacancy for membership.
(3) When appropriate a membership application form will be offered to a person on the waiting list, such application must be sponsored by two current members of the club and approval for membership given by a majority of the Management Committee.
(4) No monies shall be received or accepted from a person on the waiting list until such time as the application for membership has been approved by the Management Committee.
(5) Those persons included on the waiting list must meet the requirements of attendance under the protocol set for visitors.
11. Visitors may attend a maximum of three (3) meetings of the Club.
13. The Club shall operate under a Tours & Refund Policy.
14. The Club shall operate under a Risk Management Policy.
15. The Public Officer of the Club shall be confirmed annually.
16. The subscription payable by members will be reviewed at the Annual General Meeting.
17. The joining fee payable by a member on admission to the Club will be reviewed at the Annual General Meeting.
18. The Club shall establish protocols for receiving and recording apologies for approved meetings, outings and interest groups.
19. The Management Committee shall provide Probus South Pacific Ltd annually with the clubs membership list.
20. These Standing Resolutions, excluding those articles related to the Annual General Meeting, may be amended at any general meeting of this Club, a quorum being present, by the affirmative vote of not less than 75% of the members present and voting, including proxies, notice of such proposed amendment(s) having been published to all members at least twenty one (21) days before such meeting.
These Standing Resolutions rescind any previous Standing Resolutions or By-Laws.
Members resolved to formally adopt the above Standing Resolutions numbered 1-22 by Special Resolution at a General Meeting held on Friday, 06 November 2015.