BUNDEENA TO MARLEY BEACH VIA WEDDING CAKE ROCK.
This coastal walk is 8km out and back along the cliff edges; The track has boardwalks, uneven sandstone surfaces and stairs.
The walk is considered easy to moderate similar to the Taronga to Chowder Bay walk. The coast may be windy so a jacket with good walking shoes and a single pole is recommended.
There are great views along the coast and Wedding Cake Rock, coastal vegetation and spring flowers. There is a good vantage point overlooking Marley Beach.
Getting There: Public transport is the preferred option but it involves an early start and making all the connections.
- North Strathfield 8.01 am to Redfern change to platform 12.
- At Redfern 8.25 am to Cronulla, arrive 9.11 am.
- A 7 minute walk to Cronulla ferry wharf.
- Catch the 9.30 am ferry to Bundeena.
- No opal card, cost is $7.50 return.
When: Thursday 27 October 2022.
Time: The walk starts at 10.00 am at Bundeena Ferry Wharf.
Contact: Peter Woodhouse by using the online booking form.
Bookings Close: Wednesday 26 October 2022.
- Carpooling is an option and there is parking at the Cronulla Ferry Wharf. It is about a one hour drive each way.
- There are good lunch options in Bundeena as well as coffee shops and the Bowling Club.
- It is important to catch the 2.30 pm ferry out of Bundeena.
- It may be an option to take a sandwich to sit and enjoy overlooking Marley Beach. Then decide on a coffee or drink at the bowling Club depending on time.