A one hour guided Holocaust tour and entry into the feature exhibition – “Shaken to his core; The untold story of Nolan’s Auschwitz”.
The exhibition will showcase 50 works by Sir Sidney Nolan never seen before in Australia.
The Sydney Jewish Museum’s architecture invites visitors to engage in a multi-sensory way with the Museum and its permanent exhibitions.
Within three major exhibition spaces, visitors are able to confront historical artefacts, video footage, new digital technologies and personal stories.
Once the guided tour has concluded you a free to wander the Museum and the Nolan exhibition until 4:00 pm.
Numbers: 12 minimum for the guided tour, 20 maximum.
Where: Sydney Jewish Museum is at 148 Darlinghurst Road, Darlinghurst.
When: Thursday, 18 August 2022.
Closing date for booking: 11 August 2022.
Lunch at Rusty Rabbit Cafe at 11.45 am, located at 252 Forbes Street, Darlinghurst, a three minute walk to the Museum.
Tour commences at the Museum at 1.30 pm.
- Meet at Strathfield Station at 10.45 am on platform 5 for train departing at 10.55 am to Central station.
- Walk 5 minutes to Eddy Avenue – stand C to catch bus 311 at 11.19 am to Darlinghurst Road opposite Green Park stop.
- Walk 2 minutes to Rusty Rabbit Cafe. Walk to Burton Street, turn left then right onto Forbes Street)
Convener: Sue Colubriale
- $23 per person which includes museum entry, Holocaust tour and entry into Nolan’s exhibition.
- lunch and travel at own expense.
Payment: Please pay the Treasurer. Click here to review the Outings Policy which includes how to make payment. It is important to include your SURNAME/JM in the reference field when making payment. Once payment is made, please use the online booking form to advise the convenor of your attendance.
Click here for further information about the Museum.
- Security checks of handbags and backpacks before entering the Museum is mandatory.
- Masks on public transport are mandatory.
- Masks are strongly recommended inside the Museum.