For this trip, we will spend a peaceful weekend in Australia’s first inland city, Goulburn and its surrounding villages.
During Saturday and Sunday, we will visit the following attractions (not necessarily in this order):
- Goulburn Historic Waterworks Museum
- St Saviour’s Cathedral, including a tour and organ recital
- Garroorigang historic homestead (1857)
- A drive-by tour of various places of interest in Goulburn (e.g. NSW Police Academy, wetlands, court house)
- Lindner woollen sock factory (Crookwell)
- Ensemble & Co (Crookwell) (an old hall building that has been repurposed with stalls selling homewares, soaps, candles, etc)
- Laggan village markets
- Bungonia national park
- Morning coffee stops, lunches and dinners at local pubs, clubs or restaurants
Numbers limited to: 20
Getting There: Self-drive or train (approx 2 hours from Sydney).
When: Friday 16 September 2022 to Monday 19 September 2022.
– $68.00 per person for the 2 days for the bus and driver, including the organ recital at St Saviour’s.
– $23.00 per person for entry and tour fees for Garroorigang, St Saviour’s and Waterworks Museum. Cash/credit card on the day to individual venues.
Other costs include:
- Accommodation at own cost (approximately $100.00 per person per night, twin share). Some rooms have been held at Abbey Motel and Quest Goulburn, both centrally located in Goulburn.
- Transport to/from Goulburn at own cost
- All food and drinks at own cost
Convener: Contact Robyn King to express your interest or any questions via the online booking form.
Bookings will Close: Friday 15 July 2022.
Note: Further details will be provided to all who express their interest, once it is known if there is sufficient interest to proceed with the trip.