Ever wondered where medical facilities source the radioactive materials used in modern diagnostic equipment? Join your Probus friends on a tour of the ANSTO (Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation) and find out!
The 2-hour tour provides an in depth look into the world of nuclear science and the work ANSTO does in the areas of health, the environment and delivering solutions for industry. There is a cafe on site for members who wish to stay on for lunch once the tour concludes. It will be self-drive or carpool with other members. Plenty of free onsite parking available. Please indicate if you will need to get a lift or if you are willing to take extra people in your car.
Convenor: Sue Colubriale – email@example.com
Date and Time: Friday, 23rd April at 9.30 am meet outside Discovery Centre for start at 10.00am
Tour length: 2 Hours.
Location: ANSTO Discovery Centre – New Illawarra Road Lucas Heights about 32km from Breakfast Point. (free onsite parking)
Cost: Tour cost is $12. Lunch will be at your own expense. There is a Cafe on site.
Payment Information: Payable to Treasurer. Please add surname-ANSTO to identify payment
Closing date for bookings: Wednesday, 14th April 2021.
Additional notes: To help maintain the safety and security of the ANSTO site it is important that all visitors follow ANSTO’s procedures and are familiar with the conditions of entry.
All members attending will need to PROVIDE identification on arrival to the centre and supply me with this information when registering for the tour. I need to send this information to them a week before the tour. If this ID is not brought with you on the day you will not be able to participate in the tour.
Acceptable ID is Aust Driver’s Licence, Aust Passport or Proof of Age Card
Download the document to send to Sue HERE.
Minimum of 12 participants with a maximum of 30.
The full set of ANSTO Rules can be found HERE. Please take the time to make yourself familiar with them as this is a high security government nuclear facility and all visitors are expected to be aware of the conditions of entry.
ANSTO Visitor Rules – Please read:
To help maintain the safety and security of the ANSTO site, it is important that all our visitors follow ANSTO’s procedures and are familiar with the conditions of entry to the site.
When visiting ANSTO, you will need to:
- Have the visit pre-arranged
- Present to ANSTO Reception or the Discovery Centre
- Provide identification such as
– an Australian or foreign passport
– an Australian driver’s licence
– a Proof of Age card
– an Australian government issued photo ID card
– two alternate forms of non-photographic identification such as marriage certificate, birth certificate, bank document or credit card
- Be signed in and escorted by an ANSTO ID Pass holder
- Display a visitor ID Pass
You will also need to be aware that:
- Visitors must declare all electronic devices they are carrying that have embedded camera capability upon arrival. A decision will be made as to whether this device may be brought onsite
- Visitors cannot take photographs or recordings on site without written approval
- Laptops and memory sticks may be taken on site but must also be declared upon arrival
- Lockers are available for visitor use
Additional visitor guidelines have been developed for journalists, media and visitors to sensitive areas. Onsite requirements will be communicated upon arrival