Message from the President – COVID-19 Risk Management Framework
This Newsflash is to update you regarding decisions made by the Management Committee yesterday as part of our risk management in response to COVID-19 and recommendations by our head office – Probus South Pacific.
With the increasing spread of COVID-19, please know that we are doing everything we can to ensure your health and safety when attending Probus activities. At this point in time, we do not anticipate that many groups will be able to resume nor is it likely that we can get together for a Probus meeting for many months. But we will continue to stay in touch via the Newsletter.
Potential risks to the Club and members have been identified, and an action plan has been developed and is being implemented to address these risks. For all activities, conveners will be required to complete a risk assessment prior to any activity being authorized by the Management Committee to resume. This is to ensure the health and safety of members and that government guidelines are complied with.
Until further notice, the Management Committee has determined, no groups are to meet in homes.
In addition to these measures we have adopted an Incident Response Plan which identifies member, convener and Management Committee responsibilities in the event that a member tests COVID-19 positive after attending a Probus activity. These documents will be available on the website as soon as possible.
A list of specific issues relevant to members follows:
- Members are not to attend any activity if they are unwell.
- Members are required to notify the group convener whether or not they are attending each activity and have their name marked off on an attendance list when they arrive at the venue. This is to ensure we have accurate attendance records in the event of a member testing COVID-19 positive.
- Members are encouraged to download the COVIDSafeApp.
- Members are required to use hand sanitiser when entering and leaving venues.
- No food is to be brought into venues being used in the Admin Bldg at Breakfast Point other than take-away drinks or water. Members attending outdoor activities may bring their own food and drink but are not to share this with other members.
Conveners please note the following additional information that applies to you:
- Requests for interest groups to recommence will be on a month to month basis and should reach the Secretary by the 2nd Friday of the month in order to be assessed by the Management Committee’s monthly meeting on the 3rd Friday of every month.
- Conveners of currently approved activities or conveners of other groups wanting to recommence in August, are to complete the risk assessment checklist and return it to the Secretary by next Friday – July 24th. If you have any queries regarding any of the questions on the form, please email Connie Fraser, Interest Group Facilitator.
- The checklists, together with the evaluation criteria that will be used by the Management Committee to determine whether or not an activity will have approval to recommence, will be forwarded to conveners over the weekend.
- The convener of any group that has previously been meeting in a home may apply to the Management Committee to meet in available venues at Breakfast Point, or use Zoom if appropriate, or a restaurant where Government guidelines /restrictions are adhered to.
- Conveners will be notified of the Management Committee’s decision via an email.
If anyone has any queries or concerns regarding any of this information, please contact the Secretary.
Meanwhile, stay well and safe and please remember to be mindful every day of the care and well-being we must all take with ourselves and all those in and around us – staying apart keeps us together.